ANZSCO 261399 – Software and Application Programmer
ANZSCO 261399– Software and Application Programmer (nec)
Software and Applications Programmer (nec) design, develop, test, maintain, and document code of program according to the requirements of users and, system and technical specification.
Skill level: 1
- No occupations have currently been identified for this residual category.
Skills Assessment Authority
- ACS (Australian Computer Society)
Software and Applications Programmer (nec) is on the following skill lists:
- Combined Skilled Occupations List (STSOL MLTSSL)
- Medium Long Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)
- RSMS Occupations List (RSMSL)
This occupation is not on the following skills lists:
- Labor Market Testing Required for 457 List (LMTL)
- Short-Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)
As the occupation features on the Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL), it is possible to apply for a Skilled Nominated 190 visa or a Skilled Regional Nominated 489 visa.
If you are employed in this occupation and you wish to pursue a GSM visa, you will be required to apply for state nomination in order to move to Australia.
Note: *While the occupation is on the STSOL it remains a possibility that no states currently have a demand for people in that profession. The online assessment only lists occupations which are currently in demand by a state or territory in Australia, so if the occupation does not appear on the online assessment you should consider seeking an employer sponsor in Australia.
Unit Group: 2613 Software and Application Programmer
The job of Software and Applications Programmer (nec) in Australia is to design, develop, test, maintain and document program code in accordance with user requirements, and system and technical specifications.
- researching, consulting, analyzing and evaluating system program needs
- identifying technology limitations and deficiencies in existing systems and associated processes, procedures and methods
- testing, debugging, diagnosing and correcting errors and faults in an applications programming language within established testing protocols, guidelines and quality standards to ensure programs and applications perform to specification
- writing and maintaining program code to meet system requirements, system designs and technical specifications in accordance with quality accredited standards
- writing, updating and maintaining technical program, end user documentation and operational procedures
- providing advice, guidance and expertise in developing proposals and strategies for software design activities such as financial evaluation and costing for recommending software purchases and upgrades
Most occupations in this unit group (Group 2613) have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience and/or relevant vendor certification may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Occupations in this Group
- 261311 Analyst Programmer
- 261312 Developer Programmer
- 261313 Software Engineer
- 261314 Software Tester
- 261399 Software and Applications Programmer (nec)
Note: Whilst a similar occupation may appear in the same software and applications programmers group, if not specifically listed in the STSOL or MLTSSL, the ANZSCO description should be used for reference purposes only.
- IELTS result with a minimum score of 6 (L, R, W), 7 in speaking and 7 overall;
- OET result with a minimum grade B in all sections;
- TOEFL iBT with a minimum score (L:12 R:13 W:21 S:23 overall L93);
- PTE Academic with a minimum score of 50 (L, R, W), 65 in speaking and 65 overall
- Australian Graduate exceptions apply in some states/territories
- Priority Skilled Lists may apply a specific requirement in some states/territories
- Countries exempt from submitting IELTS or OET include the UK; Canada; New Zealand; US; and Ireland
Where mandatory licensing or registration is required you must demonstrate a level of English either sufficient to meet licensing / registration or a minimum IELTS, or equivalent, whichever is higher.
Closely Related Core ICT Units
- Algorithm design and development
- Data structures
- Formal languages
- Operating systems
- Programming (application and/or system)
- Software Engineering
- Testing strategies and methods
They design, develop, test, maintain and document program code in regarding technical specifications accordance with user requirements, and system and. Formal languages also known as tools in multiple disciplines. However, formal language theory rarely concerns itself with particular languages it also concerns with the study of various types of imitation to describe various languages of the software creation. whereas, data structures are generally based on the ability of a computer to convey and store data at any place in its memory, specified by a pointer—a bit string, representing a memory address, that can be itself stored in memory and employ by the program. These methods are specified in various software engineering books and research papers, always with the implication of the predictability, precision, mitigated risk and professionalism of the software. Here, the Single-user operating systems have no facilities to distinguish users allowing the system, but it may allow multiple programs to handle.
Additional Closely Related ICT Units
- Artificial intelligence
- Automata theory
- Business Information Systems
- Business Process Reengineering
- Computer Science
- Database design
- Database implementation
- Human Computer Interaction
- Introduction to BIS
- Introduction to ICT
- Management Information Systems
- Object oriented technologies
- Project Management
- Quality management
- Requirements gathering
- Software validation
- System Design
- Systems Analysis
- Web engineering
On this software and applications programmer units it also includes many other units like artificial intelligence, automated theory, business information system, computer science, critical path method. For any system database is must to keep the recode and to re-use time and again. So it also includes database design and various database management systems. Various languages are also included on it, like object-oriented system and system design and other technologies. Also the project management is mandatory. Gathering and finalize the requirements. After the system is made it should be tested so the software testing is most. It also includes the system analysis and the design. WWW has become a major delivery platform for a variety of complex and enlightened activity applications in several domains. Their inherent complex functionality, these Web applications display the complex behavior and place and provide some unique demands on their usability, performance, security, and ability to grow and evolve.