ANZSCO 261212 – Web Developer
ANZSCO 261212 – Web Developer
Web Developer plans, produces and maintains web sites using web programming languages, software applications, technologies and databases together with specifications of user needs, often in conjunction with other ICT Professionals such as Business Analysts, Web Designers and network and usability specialists.
- Web Programmer
Skills Assessment Authority
This occupation is on the following skills lists:
- Consolidated Sponsored Occupations List
- RSMS Occupations List
This occupation is not on the following skills list:
- Labor Market Testing Required for 457 List
- Skilled Occupations List
This occupation is currently NOT on the Medium and Long term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) or the Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL), so it is not possible to apply for an Australian visa under the General Skilled Migration (GSM) Program.
As no pathways exist for this occupation under any Australian skilled visas, you may wish to consider alternative routes of travel to Australia. If you are aged under 31 it is likely you are eligible for a Working Holiday Visa to Australia which will allow you to live and work in Australia for up to two years. Alternatively, if your partner or spouse has experience or is employed in one of the applications currently listed on the MLTSSL or STSOL, you may wish to consider using them as the main applicant.
Unit Group: 2612 Multimedia Specialists and Web Developers
The job of a web developer in Australia is to plan, produce and maintain websites and web applications using web programming, scripting, and authoring, content management and file transfer software with specifications of user needs, often in conjunction with other ICT Professionals such as Business Analysts, Web Designers and network and usability specialists.
- analyzing, designing and developing Internet sites applying a mixture of artistry and creativity with software programming and scripting languages and interfacing with operating environments
- designing and developing digital animations, imaging, presentations, games, audio and video clips, and Internet applications using multimedia software, tools and utilities, interactive graphics and programming languages
- communicating with network specialists regarding web-related issues, such as security and hosting websites, to control and enforce Internet and web server security, space allocation, user access, business continuity, website backup and disaster recovery planning
- designing, developing and integrating computer code with other specialized inputs, such as image files, audio files and scripting languages, to produce, maintain and support websites
assisting in analyzing, specifying and developing Internet strategies, web-based methodologies and development plans
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience and/or relevant vendor certification may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Occupations in this Group
- 261211 Multimedia Specialist
- 261212 Web Developer
Closely Related Core ICT Units
- Computer Graphics & Animation – (2D Computer graphics, 3D Computer graphics, 2D Animation, 3D Animation)
Human Computer Interaction – (Interface Design)
- Image and media data manipulation – (Developing Interactive Media, Multimedia Authoring, Games Design)
Operating Systems (e.g. iOS, Android, Linux, Unix)
- Programming (e.g. Internet Programming, C++, Java, Objective C, AS3, Games Programming)
Web Systems Design – (Interactive System Design)
- WWW and the Internet – (Web Technologies, Web Engineering, XML and Web Services, Web Authoring, Web Applications Development, Multimedia & the Internet)
Web developer Plans, produces and maintains websites using web programming languages, software applications, technologies and databases. Web develop must be fluent on computer graphics and animation like 2D, 3D, etc. The designation of the software must be human and computer interactive. They also need to develop interactive media multimedia authoring and games design with image and data manipulation. For this operating system like iOS, Android, Linux and UNIX are used. Various Programming language c++, java, etc. are used. It also includes the wen technologies, web engineering multimedia and etc
Additional Closely Related ICT Units
- Algorithm design and development
- Information Security
- Introduction to ICT – (Introduction to Computer Science, Computer Theory, Introduction to Business Computing, Computer Science I)
- Introduction to Multimedia
- Mobile Devices
- Object Oriented System Design
- Object Oriented Systems Analysis
- Object oriented technologies
- Project – (if the project is a Multimedia / Web project)
- Requirements gathering
- Software Engineering
- Systems Analysis
- Systems Design
- Testing strategies and methods
Other tasks includes the design and the development of the algorithm required for the system designation. About the information security also it should be responsible. Knowledge of the multimedia and mobile devices are needed. Also the candidates should have knowledge about object oriented system design. System analysis and technologies used. Candidates should shoe about hoe they have done the project. Others task can include gathering of the requirement software engineering and system analysis system design and various testing methods and strategies.