ANZSCO 135199 – ICT Managers (nec)
ANZSCO 135199 – ICT Managers (nec)
ICT Managers (nec) plan, organize, direct, control and coordinate the acquisition, development, maintenance and use of computer and telecommunication systems within organizations.
Skill level: 1
- IT Service Delivery Manager
- Network Manager
Skills Assessment Authority
- ACS (Australian Computer Society)
This occupation is on the following skill lists:
- Combined Skilled Occupations List (STSOL MLTSSL)
- RSMS Occupations List (RSMSL)
- Short-Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)
This occupation is not on the following skills list:
- Labor Market Testing Required for 457 List (LMTL)
- Medium Long Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)
If you are employed in this occupation and you wish to pursue a GSM visa, you will be required to apply for state nomination in order to move to Australia.
Note: *Please note that while the occupation is on the STSOL it remains a possibility that no states currently have a demand for people in that profession. The online assessment only lists occupations which are currently in demand by a state or territory in Australia, so if the occupation does not appear on the online assessment you should consider seeking an employer sponsor in Australia.
Unit Group: 1351 ICT Managers
The job of an ICT Managers (nec) in Australia is to plan, organize, direct, control and coordinate the acquisition, development, maintenance and use of computer and telecommunication systems within organizations.
- analyzing information needs and specifying technology to meet those needs
- formulating and directing information and communication technology (ICT) strategies, policies and plans
- directing the selection and installation of ICT resources and the provision of user training
- directing ICT operations and setting priorities between system developments, maintenance and operations
- overseeing the security of ICT systems
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).</p.
Occupations in this Group
- IELTS result with a minimum score of 6 (L, R, W), 7 in speaking and 7 overall;
- OET result with a minimum grade B in all sections;
- TOEFL iBT with a minimum score (L:12 R:13 W:21 S:23 overall L93);
- PTE Academic with a minimum score of 50 (L, R, W), 65 in speaking and 65 overall
- Australian Graduate exceptions apply in some states/territories
- Priority Skilled Lists may apply a specific requirement in some states/territories
- Countries exempt from submitting IELTS or OET include the UK; Canada; New Zealand; US; and Ireland
Where mandatory licensing or registration is required you must demonstrate a level of English either sufficient to meet licensing / registration or a minimum IELTS, or equivalent, whichever is higher.
Closely Related Core ICT Units
- Business Information Systems
- Business Intelligence
- Business Process Reengineering
- Business System planning
- Critical Path Method
- Enterprise Architecture – (Enterprise Resource Management, Emerging Technologies)
- ICT Management
- ICT Strategy
- Information System Risk Management
- Information System Security
- Information Systems Management
- Management Information Systems
- Project Management
- Project Planning
- System Integration
- Systems Acquisition – (eg: Resource Management)
The major roles contains control and coordinate the acquisition, plan, organize, direct, development, and maintenance.similarly the set of processes, architectures, and technologies that convert raw data into meaningful information that drives profitable business actions is known as business intelligence.
ICT project manager also helps in enterprises architecture like building of it and taking care if any defect is found then to resolve. It also helps on bringing up together all the components sub systems into one system. It also serves as the backbone of an organizations operations. Use of various testing strategies according to system requirement. Software validation refers meeting the system requirement and specified business requirement.
Additional Closely Related ICT Units
- Algorithm design (Algorithm development)
- Artificial intelligence
- Automata theory
- Computer Science
- Database design
- Database implementation
- Database Management Systems – (Relational Database, Object Oriented Database)
- Expert Systems
- File Processing
- Human Computer Interaction
- Information Systems
- Introduction to ICT – (Introduction to Computer Science, Computer Theory, Introduction to Business Computing, Computer Science I)
- Introduction to Information Systems
- Programming – (C, C++, Objective C, Visual C, Basic, Visual Basic, Java, Assembler, Cobol, Pascal, PL/1, Fortran, PHP, Pearl, AS3, FoxPro, and similar)
- Quality management – (Quality Assurance, Software Quality)
- Software Engineering
- Software validation – (Software Testing, Testing strategies and methods)
- Web Engineering – (Web Design, Internet Engineering)
The ICT Managers(nec) look after the algorithm design and development. AI for the system and the development process are the crucial things so the Artificial Intelligence are also applied. To keep the record and to reuse the data it is need to be design, implementation and manage those system so here the database management is also done. Numerous programming language used like C, C++, Java, PHP etc. are used.
Quality of the system is also the vital things so the assurance of the system quality is needed. After the system is created it needs to be validate using various tools and techniques so the chief information officer do these tasks also. Software validation and web engineering might be a major task, web engineering contains human-computer interaction, user interface, information engineering,0+Graduated Students0+Awards & Recognition0+Professional Teachers0+Project Research